Monday, January 11, 2010

Gold Harbor Album Makes Top 5 Staff Picks For 2009

Top 5 cd album of 2009 - january 11, 2010
Gold Harbor is so humbled to have been chosen as one of the Top 5 Staff Picked Albums of 2009 from http://www.sogospelnews.com We thank Deon Unthank for choosing the CD It"a All Good" for this presitigious selection. Here are a few words for his article:  In the late 60s and early 70s it was popular to take a secular , change a few words, or add some extra phrases and make a Christian song of it. Gold Harbor took that idea and did a great job using a really funky track to "I Can See Clearly". Wow, great idea and great production.They used several songs by Zion Music writer Tim Thomas. This guy is severely under-rated, because he writes some great stuff and Gold Harbor was smart enough to pick some of his tunes. "A Few More Miles" lifted my spirit every time I listened to it. I can't listen to "Let Your Holy Rain Fall Down" without just wanting to stop and worship. This song could well become a standard in the worship community. It's clear that Gold Harbor wasn't afraid to fill this CD with diversity From the funky pop song "I Can See Clearly", to the clearly country tune "Don't Let Satan Steel Your Time", to the classic George Beverly Shea song "I'd Rather Have Jesus", this CD is cutting edge and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment